Most people start researching insurance providers and getting quotes well before booking their test, as it can help you decide which first car is affordable and means you'll have one less job to do before you can get behind the wheel after passing your test.
The whole point of insurance is that it’s to cover you for whatever life throws at you – and unless you can see into the future, you don’t know what that might be.
Insurance works in a very straightforward way; the company underwriting the policy will work out the likelihood of the policyholder making a claim, and charge accordingly.
To stay on the right side of the law, you need third-party insurance at the very least – but if your car is worth more than £2000 you really ought to go for comprehensive cover. This sometimes costs little more than the lower level of cover, but gives you far greater protection. However, if you’re on a tight budget, you may have little choice as to how you insure your car…
Something that frequently seems unfair is a £2000 premium on a £500 car; an issue that many young drivers have to contend with. The thing is, the value of the car being insured is immaterial; with third party insurance only, it won’t even be covered.
But what happens if the driver of that car smashes into a Bentley, causing serious damage to the car and its occupants? A couple of heavy personal injury claims won’t be cheap; if you were given £2000 on the basis that you might have to fork out a couple of million pounds because of somebody’s carelessness, would you take the risk?
So if you've got a car in mind, why not get a quote from one of our trusted suppliers below.
Confused.com are the first price comparison site in the UK. Their primary focus is saving people money and giving customers that driver win! They compare over 100 leading insurers including Admiral, Churchill, AXA, LV and more to find you their best deal.
Why use Confused.com?
- We make it easy for you to compare by showing your cheapest annual and monthly prices.
- Different levels of cover for each quote are shown clearly in the results table.
- We search for quotes from trusted brands such as AA, Admiral, Churchill, Tesco and many more.
If you're a young or new driver aged 17 to 25, looking for your own car insurance policy, then our Black Box insurance could be perfect for you. With no curfews or restrictions, you can get on the road for less. You’ll also get regular feedback on how well you’re doing, to help you improve! Better driving = better renewal discounts. Get a quote and see how much you could save!
Why Choose Think Insurance?
- Black box fitted to your vehicle
- No curfews – drive any time
- Discounts for low mileage
Call the FirstCar number now on 0800 223 0227 or click on the button to receive a quote.
ingenie gives you 21% off your car insurance just for driving how your instructor taught you. You get a black box fitted in your car, we’ll send you feedback through the ingenie app - and you could see your first discount after just 3 months! Our drivers say they actually save an average of £350 compared to their next cheapest quote, and there’s more savings when you renew.
- Upfront saving of £350 on average
- Up to 21% off for good driving over the year
- You’ll pay an average of £450 less when renew with us
Marmalade’s New Driver Insurance offers affordable cover, with black box technology to help you improve your driving skills!
- Drive when you like with no curfews
- Cover on a provisional licence
- The price stays the same when you pass
- Excellent 5* rating on Trustpilot
Terms & conditions apply. Please see Marmalade website for details.
Take control of your car insurance costs with RAC Black Box Car Insurance – the smart choice for new and young drivers. Our black box technology allows you to monitor your driving via a simple app, and the safer you drive, the lower your premium could be at renewal.
Why choose RAC Black Box Car Insurance?
- FREE RAC Breakdown cover for the first year^ if selected
- No curfews and you choose your own mileage limit
- No black box installation fees
- Defaqto 5 Star rated cover
- Uninsured driver promise
To speak to a member of the Black Box team, call 0330 159 8418.
Girls Drive Better is a specialist insurance broker providing insurance to newly qualified drivers. We offer significant discounts for fitting a telematics box that monitors your driving behaviour. There are no curfews and you can choose your mileage. Add parents to the policy and receive additional discount for fitting a Dash Cam. Call us now on 033 336 60074 to discuss your options.
- UK Breakdown Cover and legal expenses included as standard
- Instant Cover with easy payment terms
- Discounts for low mileage
Terms and conditions apply. PS. We insure Boys as well!!
please call the dedicated firstcar quote line on
0800 085 6119
We’re the UK’s largest specialist motor insurance broker and we’re able to offer competitive insurance policies for new drivers and those that are learning to drive. Call the dedicated FirstCar quotations line on 0800 085 6119 today!
- Cover for you to learn to drive in a car, even if you don’t own it. Policies available from 1 month to 1 year and 50% discount if you insure yourself on both parents vehicles.
- Fluxscore – A policy that gives you the opportunity to save money on your insurance by offering you updates on your driving on a daily basis via a smartphone app. You can see your renewal premium reducing with good driving.
- Discounts available for fitting a dashcam, being a member of an owners club and for completing a Pass Plus course!