Whether it’s an epic road trip or your daily commute to work, having the right soundtrack is crucial when you’re behind the wheel…
And while we all have our own preferences when it comes to what makes the perfect driving tunes, Dick Lovett have analysed the 250 top ‘driving’ and ‘road trip’ playlists on Spotify, between them containing more than 50,000 songs, to try and find out which are our all time favourites.
Across all 250 playlists that were analysed, the song which appeared the most was Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Sweet Home Alabama which has been listened to by Spotify users over 488 million times, followed by the Killers’ early noughties anthem, Mr. Brightside.
And while a couple of modern tracks made the top ten, including two from Post Malone, it seems that we enjoy a bit of a throwback when we’re behind the wheel, with almost all of the songs being released over ten years ago, with more from the 1970s than any other decade.
In terms of genre, it seems that we enjoy rocking out on the roads, with rock songs dominating the top ten, with just a couple of hip hop and pop tunes too.
- Sweet Home Alabama, Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Mr. Brightside, The Killers
- Highway to Hell, AC/DC
- Don’t Stop Believin’, Journey
- Born to Be Wild, Steppenwolf
- Psycho, Post Malone (featuring Ty Dolla $ign)
- rockstar, Post Malone (featuring 21 Savage)
- Fortunate Son, Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Don’t Stop Me Now, Queen
- Summer of ‘69, Bryan Adams