THE YOUNG DRIVER ROAD SAFETY AWARDS, REWARDING EXCELLENCE IN THE ROAD SAFETY INDUSTRY FOR INITIATIVES SPECIFICALLY TARGETING THE HIGH-RISK, YOUNG DRIVER.
Entries open for the FirstCar Young Driver Road Safety Awards 2020
The FirstCar Young Driver Road Safety Awards launch today, rewarding excellence in the road safety industry for initiatives specifically targeting the higher-risk, young driver.
FirstCar launched these awards in 2015 to reward the unsung heroes in road safety, to recognise the excellent work of road safety professionals in seeking to reduce casualties amongst young drivers. They have quickly established themselves within the road safety community and are highly sought after by the professionals working within the industry.
The awards will be presented at the Young Driver Focus conference at the Royal Automobile Club, Pall Mall, London, on 19 May 2020.
Entries to the six awards categories are now open: New Scheme, Education and Training Initiative; Partnership Scheme; Young Driver Media Campaign, Private Sector Initiative and the Lifetime Achievement Award.
James Evans, Founder of FirstCar, said: “We were delighted with how successful the awards are and are very keen to recognise all the hard work that goes on in this sector, which is often unrewarded.’’
Entries are free and full details on how to enter with the criteria each category will be judged upon, can be found at youngdriverfocus.org.uk. The awards period cover campaigns, which have run 1st January – 31st December 2019 and all entries must be received by 19th February 2020.
For more details about the awards categories and how to apply, or for more information, contact email@example.com.
The awards will be judged by an independent set of industry experts –
- Emma Kelly, Business Development and PR Manager, Road Safety Support
- Liz Box, Head of Research, RAC Foundation
- Tracey Fuller, CSR Manager, Arval
- David Davies, Executive Director, PACTS
- Sarah Scott, Deputy Head of Publishing, Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
- Sonya Hurt, Chair of Road Safety GB, Derbyshire
- Adrian Walsh, Director, Roadsafe
- w/c 9th December – entries open
- 19th February – entries close
- w/c 9th March – awards judging
- w/c 16th March – shortlist announced
- 19th May – awards presentation at Young Driver Focus